The 2015 One World Day on August 23, 2015 is the official kickoff for the Centennial celebration of the Cleveland Cultural Gardens.
Since 1945, the Cleveland Cultural Gardens have celebrated One World Day in the Gardens. This annual event reflects the theme of the Gardens: “Peace through Mutual Understanding.”
The annual One World Day, the official event hosted by the Cleveland Cultural Gardens Federation for the Gardens, it is the highlight of the busy calendar of summer events in the Gardens and the one occasion that all the Gardens get together to celebrate as one. Events include a Parade of Flags, a naturalization ceremony, cultural performances, entertainment, gardens exhibitors, authentic diverse ethnic food and more.
The 70th annual One World Day will be produced by two icons of the Cleveland international scene: Johnny Wu (Co-Founder of the Cleveland Asian Festival) and Ken Kovach (Director for the International Folk Festival). It is Co-chaired by Dr. Richard Crepage and Svetlana Stolyarova from the Federation.
The 2015 One World Day event is comprised of committees, each chaired by a Committee Coordinator, if you are interested to serve within a committee member and have plenty of time to commit, please consider to join us, email us for more information.
- Logistic and Safety Committee, chaired by Asim Datta
- Volunteer Committee, chaired by Emily Holtel-Hoag
- Parking, Signage and Transportation Committee, chaired by Kevin Mulhaul Jr.
- Parade and Naturalization Committee, chaired by Angela Woodson
- Performance Committee, chaired by Yin Tang
- Vendor Committee, chaired by Jen
- Marketing Committee, chaired by Dan Hanson
- Video/Media Committee, chaired by Stephen Morgan
For more information about the Cleveland Cultural Gardens, click here.